Bridport Runners, as you can read, listen and watch them in the (local) news:
- “Parkrun joy for Bridport’s Ben” (Bridport News, 17 January 2018): Bridport Runners have started the new running season with their first Club Championship. The first race (out of a selection of 14) was the Weymouth parkrun. Read more here
- “Bridport Running Club members out in force” (View from Bridport, 25 October 2017): Bridport Runners had two busy weekends, competing in a number of races: everything from a local 10k in Burton Bradstock to the Marathon Festival in Bournemouth. Read more here.
- “Personal best for ace runner Wynn” (Bridport News, 21 September 2017): Claire made us Bridport Runners proud (once more) by running the half-marathon in her hometown Bristol ─ and achieving a personal best time! Here’s the story.
- “No excuse for couch potatoes” (Bridport News, 14 September 2017): Bridport Runners started their eighth Beginners Class, run by their qualified coaches. Read the article here.
- “Female runner wins half-marathon for the first time” (Wessex FM, 8 August 2017): A woman has won the half marathon in the 5th Bridport Jurassic Coast Run for the first time. Read the whole article here.
- “Record number of athletes take on Jurassic Coast Run” (Bridport News, 8 August 2017): This year’s Jurassic Coast Run was the most popular event so far ─ with a local athlete taking victory in the 10km race … read more.
- “Jurassic Coast Run aims to achieve fell race status” (View from Bridport, 14 June 2017): Preparations for the Bridport Jurassic Coast Run are well on their way. Due to its challenging route, the organisers will apply for a fell race status for next year. Read the article here.
- “Super six in great show” (Bridport News, 23 March 2017): Six members of Bridport Runners impressed in a weekend of high intensity races. Read more here.
- “Get set for the big coast run” (Bridport News, 16 March 2017): Registration is now open for the fifth Bridport Jurassic Coast Run on Sunday, 6 August, 10:30 at The old Salt House. Read the article here.
- “Coast Run and Father Christmas boosted youth centre coffers” (View from Bridport, 22 Feb. 2017): Brit Valley Rotary and Bridport Runners, the joined organisers of the Bridport Jurassic Coast Run, donated £1,000 for Bridport’s Youth Centre to establish and develop sports activities for youngsters. Read more here.
- “Running plea to Bridport council” (View from Bridport, 8 February 2016): Bridport Runners’ Chair Brian visited the recent Bridport town council meeting and spoke in favour of public recreation areas for everyone doing sports in Bridport. Read the article here.
- “Christmas on the Green draws record crowd at West Bay” (View from Bridport, 14 Dec. 2016): As a community group Bridport Runners engaged in the lighting of the Christmas Tree in West Bay and organised their first, yet small, Santa Run for families and youngsters. Read more.
- “Bridport pair take next step” (Bridport News, 24 Nov, 2016): Bridport Runners are celebrating two newly qualified coaches in the Club, Brian Shelley and Clive Whaley. Read the article.
- “Maratón third for Renshaw” (Bridport News, 10 Nov. 2016): Ben and fellow Bridport Runners Kazy, Adam and Tony in the Tenerife marathon. Here’s the article.
- “Ben bags Bronze in Tenerife Marathon” (View from Bridport, 9 Nov. 2016): Bridport Runners’ fastest athlete, Ben Renshaw, wins 3rd place in the III. Internacional Maratón Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Read the story here
- “Vaquero reina en el Maratón de Santa Cruz (“Vaquero wins Maratón de Santa Cruz”, La Opinion de Tenerife, 7 Nov. 2016): Cover story in Tenerife newspaper about the 3rd Marathon de Santa Cruz. If you look real closely on the picture you will even see Bridport Runner Ben Renshaw who came in 3rd and made it to the podium!
- “On your marks, get set and get running” (Bridport News, 11 August 2016): Report about this year’s Bridport Jurassic Coast Run, organised by Bridport Runners and Brit Valley Rotary. Here’s the article.
- “More than 50 take on inaugural half-marathon” (View from Bridport, 10 August 2016): Article about the 4th Bridport Jurassic Coast Run, hosting for the first time a half-marathon race as well. Read the story here.
- “Keeping on running” (Bridport News, 21 July 2016): Rene Gerryts reports in her “West Dorset Diary” about the upcoming Bridport Jurassic Coast Run and last year’s oldest runner, 75 year old Patricia Seabrook, who completed 460 marathons. Read more about it here.
- “Bridport Runners’ success in 2016 London Marathon” (View from Bridport, 9 May 2016): Report about Bridport Runners’ achievements in the London Marathon with special mentioning and picture of James. Read the article here.
- “The race of our life” (Bridport News, 28 April 2016): Bridport Runners sent their biggest team ever to the London Marathon, with four participants: Kazy, Ben, Tom and James. See the article here
- “We’re in the News” (Bridport News, 14 April 2016): Bridport Runners start their 5th Beginners Group ,From Couch to 5k'” See the article here
- “New race on the coast run” (Bridport News, 25 February 2016): The Bridport Jurassic Coast Run will add a half-marathon to its program this year. Read the article here
- “Field trip: Human vs. Horse” (NPR Radio, 20 October 2015): Adam Cole from the US public radio NPR not only made a great feature about “The Man vs Horse” (“The Neighs Have It: Horse Outruns Man, But Just Barely“), in which Bridport Runners competed this year. He also published a fantastic, highly amusing short film on NPR’s science youtube channel, “Skunk Bear: Human vs. Horse Marathon”, which even shows Ben in it!
- “Runners’ fundraiser” (Bridport News, 1 October 2015): Two world record breakers in long-distance running, Rob Young and Adam Holland, passed Bridport on their ‘Walk for Peace’ mission, and Bridport Runners met Adam for a short break. Read the story here
- “Renshaw retains his Maiden New’Ten’ title” (Bridport News, 27 August 2015): Bridport Runners Ben Renshaw defended his title from last year as the winner of the ,Maiden Newton 10′ race. Read the article
- “Bridport Runners will take you ,from Couch to 5k’ (View from Bridport, 19 August 2015): Bridport Runners started their fourth Beginners Class which has been hugely successful in the past ─ and made new runners even go further as you can read here.
- “Jurassic runners triumph” (Bridport News, 16 July 2015): “A bumper turnout made the third Bridport Jurassic Coast Run another success with new records set by runners of all ages …” Read more here
- “Bridport Jurassic Coast Run” (View from Bridport, 15 and 21 July 2015): Report from our 3rd Bridport Jurassic Coast Run. Here’s the article.
- “Weekend review” (Run247, 13 July 2015): Weekend Review for the weekend of 11/12 July, including a full report about the Bridport Jurassic Coast Run.
- “Coast into run with guidance” (Bridport News, 4 June 2015): Bridport Runners offer taster sessions for Bridport Jurassic Coast Run. Read the article.
- “Taster sessions for tough Bridport Jurassic Coast Run” (Run247, 27 May 2015): Bridport Runners are offering three guided runs on the official 5k and 10k route ahead of the races on Sunday, 12th of July. Read the News.
- “Bridport Runners Ben and Claire successful in London Marathon” (Bridport News, 7 May 2015): Ben and first-time marathon runner Claire gave their best in the London Marathon. Here’s the story to it.
- “London Marathon success for hospice fundraiser Sarah” (View from Bridport, 6 May 2015): Bridport Runner Sarah Horthon has raised £1,600 for Weldmar Hospicecare Trust when she ran the London Marathon on 26 April. Read the whole story here.
- “Coast is clear for Jurassic races” (Bridport News, 16 April 2015): It’s less than tree months until the third Bridport Jurassic coast Run takes place on sunday, July 12th ─ and preparations are gaining pace. Read the article.
- “Young runners benefit from Jurassic Coast Run donation” (View from Bridport, 18 March 2015): Bridport Runners’ Chair Brian handed over a cheque over £500 to a group of young runners at Colfox School ─ a donation from the result of the last Bridport Jurassic Coast Run ─ to help those who need a bit of financial help to continue their sport. Here’s the article to it.
- “Berlin and Bournemouth complete the B Series” (View from Bridport, 15 October 2014): Bridport runners completed their unofficial “B series” with races in Berlin and Bournemouth. Read the article here.
- “Band on the Run” (Bridport News, 16 October 2014): Six Bridport Runners travelled to Berlin to take part in the city’s prestigious Marathon, the fastest marathon in the world. Read the whole article here.
- “Jurassic Coast Run to return next year” (View from Bridport, 30 July 2014): The Bridport Jurassic Coast Run will take place again on Sunday, July 12th 2015, at the Bridport Lesiure Centre. Read the article here.
- “Jurassic fantastic” (Bridport News, 17 July 2014): More than 120 people laced up their running shoes for this year’s Jurassic Coast Run in Bridport. Read the article here.
- “Weekend review” (RUN 247, 14 July 2014): “The second Bridport Jurassic Coast Run in Bridport (Dorset) turned out to be a rather successful event. After last year’s debut, the joint organizers …” Read the article here.
- Running up Lewesdon Hill with Bob from BBC (BBC Radio Solent, 20 March 2014): Bob Diggles, Sport Relief 2014 reporter for BBC Radio Solent, ran up the highest peak in Dorset with Bridport Runners Hagen, Brian & Gemma: Listen to Bob’s live piece from Lewesdon Hill here.
- “Busy B Runners” (Bridport News, 13 February 2014): “The Bridpport Runners have a novel timetable for 2014 – they want to run races in places beginning with the letter ,B'”. Read the article here.
- “Novices running group set to return” (View from Bridport, 12 February 2014): The 1st Beginners Group of Bridport Runners was such a great success that the Club decided to do it again in 2014. See the whole article here.
- Beginners Group: “From the couch to 5k in only six weeks” (Bridport News, 19 December 2013): Bridport Runners’ first beginners group motivated 15 women and one man to find out that they can actually manage running 5k after a six week’s training. Read more
- Bournemouth Marathon Festival: “Runner Ben puts in a fine marathon performance” (Bridport News, 17 October 2013): With the cheers of thousands of spectators ringing in their ears Bridport Runners Vicky Ackerman, Kazy Vincent-Janes and Ben Renshaw conquered the 26.2-mile long course with Ben finishing as 22nd out of more than 3,000 participants. Read more.
- From the couch to 5k: “Running club to launch new beginners group” (View from Bridport, 2 October 2013): Bridport Runners start a new beginners group for complete novices and those who have done little running but would liket to get into it again. Read the article here.
- Shave Cross Mini-Marathon 2013: “Brave runners tackle five-mile West Dorset route to help charity” (Bridport News, 15 August 2013): At the 65th Shave Cross mini-marathon 105 runners participated – “the most that have competed in many years”, as the organisers aid. Winner was Bridport Runners’ Ben Renshaw. Read the story here.
- Bridport Jurassic Coast Run: “Jurassic coast run a scorcher” (Bridport News, 18 July 2013): “Runners endured scorching heat and a tough climb in this year’s Bridport Jurassic Coast Run …” Read the story here.
- Bridport Jurassic Coast Run: “Sun shines for second Jurassic Run” (View from Bridport, 17 July 2013): “Runners flocked to Bridport Leisure Centre to take part in the second Jurassic Run …” Read the story here.
- London Marathon: “West Dorset marathon runners home triumphant” (Bridport News, 24 April 2013): Bridport Runner Susan Tweed participated for the first time in the London Marathon and stormed round in four hours 28 minutes … Read the story here.
- Blackmore Vale Lions Half-Marathon: “Cold, windy and hilly!” (View from Bridport, 20 February 2013): “Cold, windy and hilly” was how Bridport Runners’ secretary Brian Shelley described the club’s first half-marathon race of the year … Read the story here.
- Wessex Cross Country League: “Bridport Runners ready for challenge” (Bridport News, 16 January 2013): Bridport Runners have had a very successful season and are looking forward to a challenging 2013. Last year, for the first time in a while, the club competed in the Wessex Cross Country League in all adult categories and won titles in two of them … Read the story here.
2012 and older:
- Sport relief 2012: “Bridport puts on its running shoes” (View from Bridport, 28 March 2012): A week of fundraising events finished with more than 100 runners completing Bridport’s first Sport Relief Mile … Read the whole story here.
- British Coastal Relay: “Runners coast in on UK baton run” (Bridport News, 1 September 2010): Bridport Runners picked up the baton – quite literally – to participate in one stage of the mammoth British Coastal Relay … Read the whole story here.